How We Work
Our aim is to assist you in creating the ultimate reception, while making the arrangements as care-free as possible. We’ve designed our services to be elegant yet affordable. Here’s a summary of the steps in working with us.
Terms & The Process
Menu & Event Plan
- When you’ve reviewed our Menus, and have an idea of what you’d like to serve, give us a call. We’ll customize your event menu, so don’t hesitate to make requests, or mix menus. With the details of your vision, wedding site & guests in mind, we’ll offer recommendations in planning. Then, we’ll prepare your custom Proposal for your review. You’ll also receive our contract so that you can review everything in detail.
- Menu Development ~ Select your ideal budget range, and let us know the menu that sounds appealing to you. We’ll email or fax your Custom Proposal so that you & your loved ones can share ideas. As your plans develop, we can revise your menu.
- Complimentary Tasting ~ Part of the services we provide for full service Weddings include both a site survey (usually a couple of weeks prior to the event) and a tasting. To help you make final menu decisions, we invite you to choose up to five items to sample. Your comments will also help us refine the preparation to your palates.
Reservation & Deposit
Selecting your caterer and reserving your date are vital. Saturday wedding dates sell out especially quickly. To assure your ideal date, you’ll want to reserve your caterer as early as possible. This guarantees your date, and your caterer will decline other events that could conflict. Even after making your reservation, you can refine the event plan as needed. We also understand that catering is one of your larger expenses in wedding planning, and have created the following payment schedule with that in mind.
- 1st Deposit ~ 25% due upon Reservation & Contract signing (if booking more than 4 months in advance)
- 2nd Payment ~ 25% due 120 days prior to the wedding (Total of 50% )
- Balance ~ Balance due 2 weeks before the event, with your final count
- Deposits are contractually non-refundable, since we frequently turn down events based on our commitment to you. In the unlikely event that your event is postponed, we will do all we can to work with you and if possible, reschedule your event & apply your deposit to a future date. Cancellations that are not rescheduled will be charged 50% of the estimated total, as compensation for events turned down in light of your reservation, and costs incurred.
Site Survey ~ Walk Through of Reception Site
- Approximately 4-6 weeks prior to your event, it may be appropriate to meet with you at the reception site to review your event layout. Planning for placement of your Buffets, Dance Floor, DJ, etc. can help to assure a smooth event. This timing assures that weather conditions, lighting & site conditions are as similar as possible to the actual event date.