Five Star Catering is well known for contributing to local charities, and each of our clients has helped us to achieve this. We’d like to share some of our recent endeavors with you, and express our deepest appreciation for your part in these efforts. Together, we make a real difference!
We also strive to network with local sources to bring you the finest in cuisine & serviceware, using ecologically friendly products. Below are some recent updates to this Going Green program. We’ll keep you updated as more new developments arise!
- Dominican Foundation
- United Way
- Santa Cruz Museum of Art
- Loma Public Education Fund
- Salesian Sisters Elementary and Jr. High School
- Second Harvest Food Bank
- Santa Cruz Chamber of Commerce
- Watsonville Elks
- Santa Cruz Elks
- Pajaro Rotary
- Pajaro Valley Women’s Shelter
- Salvation Army
- St. Francis Soup Kitchen
- River Street Shelter
Going Green Updates
- All box lunches will come with Eco-Friendly Cutlery packets including biodegradeable bag, napkin, and sturdy Tater Ware eating utensils.
- All plastic cups will be fully compostable (made from corn).
- All White Dinner and Beverage Napkinswill be made from Potato Starch (surprisingly sturdy and unlike the brown recycled material very attractive)
- Clamshell To Go Boxes made from recycled materials.
- In an effort to create a healthier food system and environment for California, we purchase many of our food products from Certified Green Businesses.
- We will be releasing seasonal local menus featuring only produce & food products grown or produced locally beginning this Summer.